WHAT: auditions for Smet Theatrics LLC’s 2023 season
WHERE: the Culture House Stage & Studio in Oak Park Mall (drive around the mall until you are between Dillards and Nordstrom; look for the ramp to the upper parking lot)
WHEN: auditions Friday, December 16th // dance audition & callbacks Saturday, December 17th (see below for show-by-show breakdown)
- Auditions are by appointment only and will take place individually in 4-minute slots.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes early to fill out an audition and conflict sheet.
- Upon entrance to the mall, meet Smet Theatrics’ Associate Artistic Directors Alyce Wilson and Maleena Johnson in the Culture House foyer to fill out an audition/conflict sheet.
- Callback lists will go out by 11:59 PM on Friday, December 16th. Show offers will go out by 11:59 PM on Monday, December 19th. Offers must be accepted within 24 hours in order for contracts to be drawn up. Contracts must be signed within 48 hours of receipt in order to confirm your casting in the show. All communication will occur via e-mail.
*Please note that all those auditioning for Big Fish are asked to attend the dance audition 12-1:30 on December 17th – bring tap shoes if you have them*
WHAT TO BRING
- Memorized 32-bar cut of musical theatre music (please provide your own sheet music; you are encouraged to sing from one of the shows in the season)
- Current resume
- Current headshot
- Select roles in each show have already been cast. Please reference the Role Availability & Stipend sheet (linked above) for full information on what roles are available.
- Select roles will be offered a small stipend and others are volunteer only. Please reference the Role Availability & Stipend sheet (linked above) for a detailed breakdown of stipend versus volunteer roles.
We highly encourage anyone auditioning to do so in person. However, if you are unavailable on December 16th, please contact email@example.com as soon as possible. Video auditions will need to be worked out and submitted BEFORE December 16th.
Callbacks will take place 10-5 on Saturday, December 17th at the Culture House Stage & Studio. Callback timing will be as follows:
- 10 AM – 11 AM: Ordinary Days
- 11 AM – 12 PM: Big Fish (vocal & acting)
- 12 PM – 1:30 PM: Big Fish (dance) *all auditioning for Big Fish asked to attend – bring tap shoes if you have them*
- 1:30 PM – 2 PM: casting panel break
- 2 PM – 3 PM: The Crucible & Much Ado About Nothing
- 3 PM – 5 PM: Bonnie & Clyde
- Chelsea Smet, Owner/Artistic Director of Smet Theatrics; Director of Ordinary Days, The Crucible, Much Ado About Nothing, and Big Fish
- Jenell Johnson, Member-at-Large of Smet Theatrics; Music Director of Ordinary Days and Big Fish
- Ryan McKinley Foster, Member-at-Large of Smet Theatrics; Music Director of TBA May Musical
- Heather Tinker, Director of Bonnie & Clyde
- Trent Tinker, Music Director of Bonnie & Clyde
- Torrie Shelly, Choreographer of Big Fish
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions